What about your Network?
What about it? Would you know the difference between T1 and T3? (the answer is 2).
You want Seven Sages to manage your site so you don't have to know all that mumbo-jumbo tech stuff. We don't even know all that tech stuff. We lets experts handle that for us. We are no different from you. We have a business to run, so we let the geeks take care of the tech stuff.
But wait, aren't we the geeks? Yes, and No.
We manage the servers and the software, but we have super-geeks take care of our hardware/networking needs.
As of 2011, ThePlanet was acquired by SoftLayer. Same top-notch, secure data centers, more locations globally.
We currently have our servers at The Planet, which provides excellent reliability and support. They keep the hardware and network going, allowing us to focus on the server software and services for you.
The following info is from ThePlanet website (2008)
World-Class Hosting Capabilities Only from The Planet
- Six wholly owned and managed state-of-the-art data centers (2 in Houston, 4 in Dallas) containing more than 48,000 servers housed in 155,000 sq. ft. of raised floor space with 12,000 sq. ft. expansion capability
- Fully redundant Network Operations Center capabilities from two cities, 24 x 7 x 365 monitoring
- One of the industry's fastest, most robust networks (100 gigabits/sec)
- Number 1 privately held dedicated server hosting provider in the world with more than 500 employees (second only to publicly held IBM)
- Fourth largest hosting provider of web sites (3.1 million)
- Serving more than 22,000 businesses worldwide; 40 percent outside of North America
State-Of-The-Art Data Centers
The Planet operates six wholly owned and managed state-of-the-art data centers containing more than 40,000 servers with fully redundant Network Operations Center capabilities from two cities, and 24x7x365 monitoring.
Features of The Planet Data Centers in Houston and Dallas
What does it all mean?
It means that We don't worry about our servers, and you don't need to worry about your website and email.