Being online can become a mess of online profiles and identities. Many profiles just pop up in online directories, without you knowing, sometimes with incorrect information.
Instead of trying to fight against the tidal wave of information about you or your business, try to steer the flow to one or two locations you have complete control of.
Take control of the scattered chaos.
Here is a list of Online Profiles related to Seven Sages Website Management:
Official Websites related to Seven Sages (setup by Seven Sages)
Google Docs collaboration
- Google Wave (while still available)
IM not logged in unless requested.
- AIM: se7ensages
- ICQ: 5447097
- Yahoo: se7ensages
- Skype: se7ensages
Instant Messaging using www.Pidgin.im
Online Profiles (setup by Seven Sages)
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Web-Development/Seven-Sages/122173271132752
- Google Profile: http://www.google.com/profiles/7sages
- Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+SevenSages/
- Google Plus personal: https://plus.google.com/+BrianShea
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/sevensages
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/b
- MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/7sagesdomains
- MS Live Profile: http://cid-983a006a5e59a04a.profile.live.com/
- BBB: http://www.bbb.org/connecticut/business-reviews/internet-web-hosting/seven-sages-in-brookfield-ct-87058138
Seven Sages Website Management in Online Directories
- Yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/seven-sages-llc-brookfield
- DNB PowerProfiles - http://dnb.powerprofiles.com/profile/022954710/SEVEN+SAGES%2C+LLC-NEW+MILFORD-CT
SEVEN SAGES, LLC
PowerProfiles business directory
JigSaw - very incorrect
In The News:
Crazy, right? And I'm sure I haven't found all of them yet, with more likely popping up monthly. The process is simple... when finding a profile on a site, 'claim' it, edit with correct info (that does not likely need to be updated) and make sure the profile points to the one correct website you have. This way, you are only maintaining one site for correct, up-to-date info.
Online Profiles for SEO
Why should we care about these profiles? Well, for personal profiles, it is just nice to make sure any info posted about you is correct, and when you 'claim' a profile you also have the ability to remove info. You can't always edit a profile or remove info if you don't 'own' the profile. For a business, besides the control of info, you may also get better page ranking in the search engines with all of these profiles linking back to your one main website.
This is just a theory, and we'll see what happens for this Seven Sages Website Management site in terms of page rank. But, part of the Google algorithim is amount of 'valid' links to your site. Having them listed on this site allows a search engine to spider to all of the profile sites, where all of these links right back to here are. Hopefully, as people search for a Personal Webmaster, or Professional Website Management, Seven Sages Website Hosting & Design will pop up to the top on both Google and Bing.
In the end, the only real profile or identity you need to manage and update is your main website. But use the info out there to your advantage.