Terms of Service / Acceptable Use / Disclaimer
The Following is Not Permitted: Evil Doers
- Spamming (unsolicited messages to promote your or others content)
Determination of what is spam is at the sole descretion of Seven Sages, and includes but not limited to:
- The following shall be considered spam emailsending unsolicited email or posting messages to irrelevant UsetNet newsgroups that do not explicitly allow advertising, with references to a site hosted on our servers) To post ten (10) or more messages similar in content to newsgroups, forums, email mailing lists or other similar groups or lists; where content promotes anything remotely related to a site or service under the resources of Seven Sages.
- To post to any Usenet or other newsgroup, forum, email mailing list or other similar group or list articles which are off-topic according to the charter or other owner-published FAQ or description of the group or list.
- To send unsolicited emailings to more than five (5) email users, if such unsolicited emailings could reasonably be expected to provoke complaints. Yes, 5. Unsolicited should equal 'unsent'.
- Sites containing pornographic material or sites which contain links to adult sites, sites encouraging illegal activity or racism, sites providing instructions on performing illegal activities, sites encouraging/aiding in copyright infringement. <br />Including by not limited to:
- Adult Content Sites - Any pornographic material, links to adult sites, or advertisements for adult sites.
- Pirated Software Sites (Warez) - Any software that is copyrighted and not freely available for distribution without cost.
- Torrent / BitTorrent Sites (file sharing) - Any site that distributes .torrent files or the files that .torrent files reference for the distribution/sharing of copyrighted/pirated material.
There are legitimate uses of Torrents, such as distribution of OpenSource software and music from share-friendly artists like The Grateful Dead and other artists on sites like etree (https://www.archive.org/details/etree).
- Copyright Violations - Violation of copyrights held by individuals and corporations or other entities can result in civil and criminal liability for the infringer.
- Hacking/Phreaking - Includes sites with material, links, or resources for hacking, phreaking, viruses, or any type of site that promotes or participates in willful harm to Internet sites or providers.
- Violations and attempted violations of system network security. Any type of tampering with the system with the purpose to inflict harm.
If you have any questions regarding our policies, feel free to contact us.
The final determination of what constitutes "permitted" is made by Seven Sages, LLC.
Backup of Data
Clients are solely and entirely responsible for backup of all data. Seven Sages, LLC is NOT responsible for files lost or damaged by users. Client-maintained backup of all site files is recommended and should be maintained off-site. System backups are intended to be used in the event of system failures and are not intended to be accessed to restore files to individual sites. A fee of $250 is applicable should a client require any files from our backup systems, and there is no guarantee that the files contained in the backup systems will be the most current copies. Servers at Seven Sages are intended for hosting web files, and are not to be used for backup storage.
Updates, Upgrades, and Patches
Security is a priority, and as such, all known exploits in any/all software shall be patched as soon as possible. Client is responsible for keeping any software on the servers updated and patched. If outdated software is found on a website, Seven Sages, LLC may disable the software or the whole website until the software is updated. Examples of software needing to maintained are CMS (Joomla, Drupal), Blogs (WordPress), Forums (phpBB, SMF, vBulletin), and Shops (ZenCart, osCommerce, xCart). Even some 'simple' scripts may need updating, CGI programs like Guestbook or FormMail. It is the clients responsibility to know what is on their website. Some updates, at the sole descretion of Seven Sages, LLC, may be done automatically by Seven Sages, with no guarantee that a patch will not break the function of something else on the website. Any updates done by Seven Sages may, at times, be billable, dependning on needs.
Upgrades are NOT optional. All software shall be maintained for security integrity.For more detailed, legal agreements please review the policies from the providers of our services.
Domain Name Registrations
The following terms and conditions apply to the Domain Name services we provide at www.7sagesdomains.com.
Seven Sages is an eNom Technology Partner, and as such, all domain names managed by Seven Sages, LLC on behalf of our users are bound by the following agreements.
Please read these documents.
- Terms of Service Agreement
- Transfer Policy
- Dispute Policy
- Domain Registration Agreement
- ID Protect Agreement
- Business Listing Agreement
[A few domains managed by Seven Sages are registered with different Registrars, including but not limited to Network Solutions, GoDaddy, NameSecure, 1and1. As such the binding agreements are with the respective registrars.]
Web Designers / Webmasters
If you manage more than 10 domains, contact us for a reseller account and save $500 on a Basic ETP account with eNom.
Website Hosting and Email Services
The current dedicated servers and network connections are provided by ThePlanet.com, and as such all users are bound to the same agreements as Seven Sages, LLC for the use of such network resources as noted in their documents.